Ashley Houser's Reviews > The Seekers

The Seekers by Heather Graham

liked it

Criminal minds meets paranormal ghost hunters meets a tale about past and present. I liked the concept of this book and the overall story. However, from very early on, I struggled with the number of characters that were introduced all at once. I actually had to flip back quite often in the beginning to recall who each of the characters was as I felt like I was pelted with a string of a dozen names, but no real standout characteristics for each.

Once I got a handle on the characters, there were also quite a few subplots to wade through. I eventually got everything straight, but I think this book would have benefited from paring down both characters and plots.

I had a hard time believing the love story element, particularly how serious the characters were at the end after having only met a few days earlier.

I did enjoy the paranormal elements and felt the author did a good job making the story mysterious and spooky.

Overall, this one was just okay. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's anything I will remember down the road.

-I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to NetGalley, Heather Graham, and MIRA Books for the opportunity to review.-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seekers.

December 31, 2019 – Started Reading