Karen's Reviews > Radical Compassion: Learning to Love Yourself and Your World with the Practice of Rain

Radical Compassion by Tara Brach

190448

There's nothing like starting out my year with Tara Brach. I have been a longtime fan and her podcasts have carried me through several very tough years. Tara's ability to mix methodology, thinking, and storytelling is unparalleled. In her podcasts, she usually also tells some wonderful jokes that have stayed with me over the years. If you haven't listened to any of her work, I cannot recommend it enough. Her other books are also phenomenal.

This book is focused on compassion as the title states. Specifically in the practice of her version of RAIN:
- Recognize what is happening;
- Allow the experience to be there, just as it is;
- Investigate with interest and care;
- Nurture with self-compassion.

There is a lot more about Rain in her site if you're interested: https://www.tarabrach.com/rain/

The book explains the practice, gives examples and contains meditations that give you the space to do right then. I listened to it on audio which was perfect for practicing the meditations. A great way to start the new year and to hold my intention of more compassion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Radical Compassion.

December 31, 2019 – Started Reading