Helen's Reviews > Last Bridge Before Home

Last Bridge Before Home by Lily Malone

2120137

Can I say WOW, I didn’t want to put this one down I was really looking forward to Brix’s story and returning to Chalk Hill and it did not disappoint, this one takes on some issues that are very emotional and heart-wrenching and MS Malone has done it with empathy and feeling as Jaydah finally gets her hero.

Jaydah Tully’s home life is not what the townsfolk think, moving there when in school she meets Braxton Honeychurch and it is not long before they form a friendship that moves onto more as they get older but she has secrets that she must keep from him and their relationship is different from most and she knows this is for her benefit and Brix does not live in Chalk Hill, but his visits are always welcomed.

Brix has chosen to be a wine make rather than stay on the family farm, he has loved Jaydah since he was fourteen but she holds him at arms- length at times, but this visit home Jaydah finally opens up to him about the abuse she is getting from her father and asks for his help to get her mother away and for that they must marry and as Jaydah will be the only woman he loves this is easy to do but when on their wedding day she springs another secret on him, nothing will change his mind about them, his love is so strong.

This is a must read book filled with emotion, it is moving and written with such feeling, I really can’t find the words to describe how I feel about this one, Jaydah what a heroine the strength that shines from her but the vulnerability she has because of her father and then we have Brix what a hero, his love for Jaydah is beautiful and that love just grows with her family. There were many tears as I read this one and emotions flowing through me happy, sad, anger and such joy at the end. Thank you so much MS Malone, I loved this one and I highly recommend it as I do this series it was great catching up with Jake and Ella and Abe and Taylor and with the Honeychurch family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Bridge Before Home.

December 30, 2019 – Started Reading
December 30, 2019 – Shelved
January 1, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily Malone Hooray - great news Helen!

Helen Lily wrote: "Hooray - great news Helen!"

It is so good so many emotions oh my thank you

message 3: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe Great review Helen

Helen Dale wrote: "Great review Helen"

Thanks Dale it is a fabulous story