Julie's Reviews > Planting Dandelions: Field Notes From a Semi-Domesticated Life

Planting Dandelions by Kyran Pittman

Apr 11, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2012

I am one of the founding members of Arkansas Women Bloggers of which Kyran Pittman is a member. I first met Kyran in December of 2010 when she was the keynote speaker at one of our blogger meet-ups. I was first introduced to this book whenshe spoke omit during her time with us.

I had Planting Danelions on my wish list for just over a year before I finally got around to reading it..

From what I understand the book is made up of blog posts and magazine articles she wrote about motherhood and her family over the course of several years.

The book is very well written and funny. The book just didn't relate to me at all. I have not been divorced, I haven't had an affair, I don't have kids. There was no part of the book where I thought I could relate to Mrs. Pittman.

I have read other similar books in this genre such as The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food, and Love by Kristen Kimball and Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl by Susan McCorkindale. I loved both of these books and found that the touched on the essence of a professional vs. domestic career, motherhood, marriage and relationships in a way that related to all readers.

My biggest regret about this book is that it's reach was so narrow and specific.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Planting Dandelions.