J.'s Reviews > The Orphan Keeper

The Orphan Keeper by Camron Wright

U 50x66

I first heard about this book on TV when they did a 30 minute show and I was instantly hooked to the story line. The plot is that Chellamuthu was an 8 year-old boy when he was kidnapped from his family while living in India. He eventually gets adopted in America. Through a series of miraculous events, he makes his way back to India and searches for his family.

I devoured this book quickly because the writing was so descriptive and his story was very intriguing! I got goosebumps and cried while I read it! My takeaway from this book is that God is watching out for us and works miracles. It also made me stop and think at the end when Taj was still experiencing inner turmoil. When people go through traumatic experiences, we think that once they are out of the situation, everything is fixed. Taj seems resentful of having to be other's "Savior." He definitely didn't deserve to suffer like he did. Even when the miracles come full circle, we still have feelings to sort out and have to come to peace with ourselves. Interesting view for me. Loved it! I wish Taj the best his his future endeavors. I loved Cameron Wright's other book The Rent Collector and highly suggest it if you liked this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Orphan Keeper.

December 29, 2019 – Started Reading