Nicholas Sparks's Reviews > Lisey's Story

Lisey's Story by Stephen King

Apr 11, 2012

bookshelves: nicholas-recommends

It's a "love story" done "Stephen King" style and so perfectly done that my first thought after finishing was to read the novel a second time. The characters are so genuine and universal that everyone will love them, and the story is both magical and heart-breaking at exactly the same time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lisey's Story.

Finished Reading
April 11, 2012 – Shelved
June 21, 2012 – Shelved as: nicholas-recommends

message 1: by Dawn Michelle (new)

Dawn Michelle I give you full marks for being able to finish this story. I so wanted to LOVE this book and finish it, but it was just to weird for me. Maybe someday I will come back to it and try again!!!

message 2: by Germaine (new) - added it

Germaine Ann I'm gonna read this one!

Varsha I also loved it- It is by far one my top10 must read books...

message 4: by Marga (new) - added it

Marga Oooooh... Interesting. This is def going in my to-read list!

Sandra Just ordered it - looking forward to having a read!

message 6: by Eileen (new) - added it

Eileen Currently reading!

Christine Wegrzyniak Just go this one from the library.

message 8: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia From what I've been hearing, it sounds good though I can't imagine Stephen King writing a love story

message 9: by Asha (new)

Asha Seth Though this one is on my list for long now. Its surely up the pile to be read next. Thanks for the review Nick!

message 10: by Fran (new) - added it

Fran Parker Really looking forward to getting this book and reading it. Going on my to read list! Thanks for the review to spur me onward. ;-)

Beverlyn Anne I will try...I have never read it yet to read his books because I was just currently reading your novel "Safe Haven"... maybe after reading your novel, I will try to read that.. I will make it to download it now or tomorrow. Thanks for the recommend Sir:)

Nathan I think he's just hoping for a "Stephen King" jacket blurb in return for giving this 5 stars. ;)

message 13: by Lisa (last edited Sep 19, 2013 08:38PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Nathan wrote: "I think he's just hoping for a "Stephen King" jacket blurb in return for giving this 5 stars. ;)"
Lol. He is generous (his avg. rating is 5) but I seriously doubt that he needs more validation. He is the like the god of romance novels.

Carey Smith Awesome love story I completely agree told Stephen king style

ArlyPL All comments are very persuasive, thanks.

Helene Bjerg-Holm I completely agree with you! I keep on reading this book over and over again - and I'm still moved by it every time.

Susan Dorne "Perfectly done"? What book did you read? This has become my least favorite King book. Al that crazy lingo is annoying as hell. And King usually does dialect so well.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Agree 100%. Think this is a masterpiece and crazy that it hasn't had much more attention. An absolutely beautiful book.

Christy Wow. Now I am definitely going to check your page out! Great that you can recognize and appreciate an author who's style is so completely different (hate when people are stuck in a 'box'). And He is a man who's long marriage proves he knows a thing or two about how to really love a woman.

Velina Welch Okay, if Nicholas Sparks (who is one of my all time favorite authors) says it's good...it must be! I challenged myself to read 100 books for 2016, so for Oct I decided to read horror. Though this may not be as much of a scary story as a lot (or most) of Mr. King's other books, for some reason the title caught my attention and I picked it up. Looking forward to reading it! BTW I'm also looking forward to reading your new book, Mr. Sparks!

Alyssa So I read the lead comment to this stream, and all I could think initially was, to paraphrase minority's, "Yes. Yes. Yesyesyes, exactly." As someone who just finished the book two days ago, I was relatively proud to find a random Goodreads user who felt the way I did. The fact that it took me literally until the point of the end of this thread to realize that the original commenter, "Nicholas," was used as in "Nicholas-Smucking-Sparks," the literal GOD of romance, has nothing to do with it.

Stephanie Warzala I agree with you 100%. This is another example of how SK books aren't just about horror but the people in them.