Glendalee's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Apr 11, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy-paranormal, favorites
Read from September 02 to 26, 2012

It took me a while to pick up this book and actually give it a go, it has been surrounded with so much hype that of course, I tried to stray clear, but eventually I was sucked into the craze and I must say it was worth it.

At first I was a bit skeptical, 700 plus pages is surely to be a boring read, I mean somewhere along the line I'm going to end up getting bored...but NO, from the beginning to the end this book had me hooked. Martin characters are so well developed, that it makes me insanely jealous that I do not have this talent! his description if scenery, of the battles, of the castles are just on point and its like if I'm watching the series on HBO in my book. This man is gifted i must say.

This book has it ALL, action, adventure, romance, incest, sex and so much more.....how can you go wrong? YOU CAN'T...pick this book up, you won't regret it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

Quotes Glendalee Liked

George R.R. Martin
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

George R.R. Martin
“... a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”

George R.R. Martin
“Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.”

09/22/2012 page 100