Adele Downs's Reviews > The New Husband

The New Husband by D.J.  Palmer

19160349

4.5 Stars!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book! The novel did what it was supposed to do—kept me turning the pages to see what happened next—creating thrilling entertainment from the first pages to the last.

I wanted the protagonist, Nina, to be smarter and more cautious about allowing a new man into her life and home and the home of her children, but there would have been no story if she’d done that, right? The New Husband is another of many cautionary tales about what can happen when otherwise smart, capable women ignore their instincts and good common sense and give the benefit of doubt to someone they barely know. Worse, when they take the word of a man over that of their own child(ren) and side with him. When we ignore our instincts and our children’s feelings and perspectives, we invite monsters like Simon into our world. A chilling thought.

Thanks to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the opportunity to read and review this book. I definitely recommend The New Husband for an adrenaline-filled experience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The New Husband.

Started Reading