Linda Strong's Reviews > Demons

Demons by Stewart Giles

bookshelves: read-in-2019

Evidently secrets are being kept in York. There have been several killings ... all of them have body parts that were removed, and then they were stabbed to death. The killer leaves a message after each killing.

‘God has forgiven you your sins, but He could not rid you of your demons. So I have taken them for you.’

DS Jason Smith is lead investigator and these days he's overworked and sleep deprived. He's also made a horrible mistake ....even worse, while he was out drinking and then going home with his female colleague, his wife and young daughter were involved in a car accident. Thankfully, neither was seriously hurt, but his phone had been turned off for the night ...and now he has to come up with the truth .. because he can't live with the pain his actions will cause his wife.

I like how Smith's professional and personal lives blend together. The action is well paced and starts on the very first page and doesn't end until the very last. Although 11th in the series, I would highly recommend starting at the very beginning.. a reading marathon will keep the reader riveted to every page.

I was introduced to this author a while back, and he's grown to be one of my favorites. I enjoy his writing style and love his characters.

Many thanks to the author / Books n All Book Productions for the digital copy of this compelling crime fiction. Read and reviewed voluntarily, opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demons.

December 12, 2019 – Started Reading