Abbie's Reviews > The Heart's Frontier

The Heart's Frontier by Lori Copeland

Apr 10, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, western-romance, christian-historical-fiction, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed

Emma is Amish and she is moving with her grandma to help some relatives. She is not overly happy about the move but wants to follow her fathers wishes and Gods plans for her life. On the trail her family is robbed and they meet Luke in a small town. At first Luke does not want to help the Amish but finds himself doing just that. As the cattle drive progresses feelings develop between Emma and Luke but can they find love with the differences between them?

When I saw what this book was about I got excited it take two of my favorite genera's and puts them together. I was not sure how the two where going to mix but I was pleasantly surprised.

What I liked: This book was well written with a fun story line and great characters. I love when a book makes me laugh. I really liked Luke and Emma. Luke was a kind caring cowboy and Emma was a sweet yet determined Amish young lady. Her Grandma had me chuckling a lot as well. I liked the idea of the cattle drive as the back drop for this story and thought it was a neat twist.

What I did not like: The story was a little slow at the beginning but picked up pretty quickly. The only other thing that bothers me and this is more of a Amish issue then with the book itself is the fact its okay for others to use guns to protect the Amish but its not okay for them to use it. I know its their way but it always bugs me.

Over all this was a fun book and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the close relationship Emma had with her family and really felt like I got to know them. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series due out in September which deals with Emma’s sister and it should be really good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart's Frontier.

April 10, 2012 – Started Reading