Carmen Shaw's Reviews > Vaempires: Revolution

Vaempires by Thomas Winship

Apr 10, 2012

Read from May 06 to 07, 2012

Overall Thoughts:
This was a fun, brief read that easily had me engrossed!

Vaempires: Revolution is about a Dystopian world that is being taken over by mutilated vampires called Vaempires, which is exactly how the story begins. We follow a fifteen year old vampire named Daniel (Son of the head of the Royal Guard) who is literally fighting his way to Princess Cassandra's Sixteenth birthday party. Because she is the heir to the vampire throne, every guard and soldier is in attendance to ensure that she and her wealthy/powerful acquaintances are safe and sound, leaving the rest of the city completely vulnerable... which is when the vaempires decide to attack.

What are vaempires, you ask? Well before they even came into the picture, humans and vampires fought against each other in a terrible war, until synthetic blood was discovered. Then, a long period of peace ensued. Then, certain vampires started mutilating into a new kind of vampire named vaempires. But here's the catch: Vaempires don't like synthetic blood; they like vampire blood. And Daniel is looking to destroy anything that gets in his way when he finds out that his girlfriend, Cassandra, was taken by a vaempire...

What I liked about this book:
This book has an extremely unique plot! I really love the fact that the author decided to explore both the old, grotesque vampire as well as the modern, shapely vampire.

Also, the action in this book is nonstop! Daniel spends the entire book fighting his way through vaempires to get to his missing girlfriend, Cassandra, which made me want to melt, in a good way.

What I disliked about this book:
The author was very descriptive, which don't get me wrong, I love when an author is able to create a vivid setting for me but a couple of times while reading, I thought it got a bit wordy.

Verdict:
If your in the mood for a fast-paced quick read, don't hesitate to pick this book up!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vaempires.