Daliso Ngoma's Reviews > Chasing Black Unicorns. How building the Amazon of Africa put me on Interpol's Most Wanted list

Chasing Black Unicorns. How building the Amazon of Africa  pu... by Marek Zmyslowski

liked it

I’d have to say it was a good book to read in getting a European perspective on Africa, or Nigeria to be exact. This I would like to add would be in respect to building an e-commerce business from scratch with the backing of Rocket Internet.

One of the gripes I had were the various types such as grammar but also figures in terms of numbers where extra zeros were added and not making much sense.

Marek has a comedic way of how he approached his life in the book, and like most biographies it gave more life lessons to learn from than a self help book. You can see his past experiences really helping him have the edge within the West and East African market.

Only thing that was quite disingenuous was the subtitle of the book. If he had built Jumia, I would understand. But it was more the Booking.com or Expedia of Africa, rather than the proclaimed Amazon.

All in all I hope the next book there is a better proofreader for the English translation.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Black Unicorns. How building the Amazon of Africa put me on Interpol's Most Wanted list.

December 26, 2019 – Started Reading