Melissa's Reviews > The Duke's Perfect Wife

The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley

Apr 10, 2012

bookshelves: romantic-reads

Not quite a 4, but not a 3 either.

Compared to the previous book in the series (The Many Sins of Lord Cameron), it didn't flow as well. At least not for me. The naked-photo plot felt a little too contrived (which it was, in the end). I also had to re-read (three times) the section where Hart remembers why Eleanor broke off the engagement and then put it together with the way Hart acted toward Beth in The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie. It made sense then but something in the way the scene was written took a bit to understand.

That said, I did like having Hart's internal monologue to compare/contrast with the other three brothers and Eleanor is quite a character. (There's a major plothole in the series - the old abusive Duke that everyone hates seems to have died two different ways...which is it?)

According to Ashley's website there are two more books in the series, one with Ainsley's brother (up next) and one with Daniel. I wonder if we're going to get more of Fellowes (being half a Mackenzie) - a relationship to Isabella's sister is alluded to (which seems rather odd since she's 5? years younger than Izzy and Fellowes is 2 years older than Hart - so ~21 to ~40).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke's Perfect Wife.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Lady Wesley I said in my review that I was as baffled as Hart when Eleanor jilted him. Perhaps if I take another look at the Hart/Beth dynamic, it will make more sense. Thanks for the suggestion.