Caddy Rowland's Reviews > Deadly Obsession

Deadly Obsession by Kristine Cayne

Apr 10, 2012

I bought this book because it sounded edgy. The book was well written and the author did a great job with presenting it professionally. I was disappointed that is actually more of a romance than I had planned on. I am not a big romance reader. The formula that is required to make a book a romance is a bit too predictable for me and too perfect.

That is not a knock on the book. That is my reading preferences talking. For peole who love romances I would highly recommend this book.

I really liked Lauren. She seemed real, like a person I would go out to lunch with. I also enjoyed that she was not stunningly beautiful. It was refreshing to see a movie star fall in love with someone who was not a fashion model or have the looks of a pin up girl. Her personality was strong and independent and I liked her realistic way of thinking. I also liked her courage.

I did not care as much for Nic. Although I liked him, I never felt crazy about him. I guess it is because he was a little too perfect to seem real. The whole special needs/makeawish and the sister he feels quilty over was a bit too goody goody for me. But, again, I like a darker story. Reader preference. I am sure that many romance readers will love this about him.

I also wish that it was not so obvious who the stalker was. That was a bit disappointing. But, again, I don't think the gist of this book was to be thought of as a mystery, so I get that.

In short, those readers that love romance novels should grab this one and delve in. They won't be disappointed and, in fact, they will be quite entertained.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Obsession.