02KylieH's Reviews > The Lying Game

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

U 50x66
Apr 10, 2012

I thought this book was a very good book, but it was really confusing. I think over all if I had a chance to read it again I probably wouldn't just because I think my brain is a little fried. It cuts back and forth in the very begging chapters like 1-3 or 4 and it keeps youu guessing but in a confused type of way. The story is about 2 girls who are sisters that were I'm guessing split at birth. It talks about one of the girls living with her mother until she was about 5 and then her mom taking her to the foster care where she would then be tossed around to different homes. When staying in one of these homes she has a "brother" who is always trying to get in her into a lot of trouble, so surfing the interner one day finds a video of his so called sister and shows it to his mother who is a waitress in a casino. She get's worried and confronts Emma about the video and Emma not knowing about this is very scared and confused. She contacts the girl that is the actress in this video wondering how she got this footage. She then realized that this was her long lost sister! She plans on meeting her sister named Sutton but is surprised when that doesn't work out. When she goes to meet her sister she is set up to be in another of the videos and is threatned with what she thinks is a gun. Once realizing that she is now mistaken as Sutton, wonders where Sutton is. This is where the adventure basically begins.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lying Game.