Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Apr 09, 2012

bookshelves: sunny-says, i-love-my-library, favorites
Recommended to Greta is Erikasbuddy by: Sunny
Recommended for: Girls full of squee

Was this book predictable?
A bit

Was it too long?
Just a tad bit

Did it keep your attention?
Most of the time

Would you read it again?
You betcha!

I freaking adore amore'ed this book!! IT was fabtabulous!!

And this!!

THIS!!

Is coming from a person who freaking hates books that take place in France and absolutely hates boarding schools.

Do I have your attention now?

Cuz this book was AWESOME!!

Are you looking for a feel good book you can cuddle with?

Want to fall in love with a boy?

Want to laugh your butt off at the main character?

Would you like to fal in love with a city you thought you wouldn't like?

Then by all means get this book!! because this book is about to change your mind about EVERYTHING!

The Lowdown:
Anna lives in Atlanta. Her dad is the next Nicholas Sparks. He wants to appear a bit more cultured so he sends his daughter to a boarding school in Paris.

Anna is freaked out! She doesn't want to leave Atlanta! She wants to stay at home. She wants to keep working at the movie theater. She wants to keep practicing writing reviews for movies because she wants to be a film critic when she grows up. What is Paris going to teach her? Surely nothing she needs or wants! Her dad is so super mean!!

But that's what she thinks because Anna is about to embark on the most amazing year of her life!!

My thoughts:
This book is freaking great! I can't strain that enough! IT's funny in all the right places. Swoony in others. ANd just down right full of kawaii cuddle bugs in the most perfect paragraphs known in Squee-history.

Now sure sure... There is a formula:

Girl goes to France

Makes new friends

Meets totally hot boy with messy hair

Falls for him

Learns he has a girlfriend

He flirts back

Sparks fly

Sparks fly HARD

IT's like an arc welder!
Boy slows down

Still has that pesky girlfriend

Girl asks WHY

Boy says it's complicated

Girl walks away

Boy doesn't follow.

YOu see...it's pretty textbook.... but it's so freaking GOOD!! This will be a movie some day! I promise you that!! It has to be a movie some day!!

Age appropriate?
At the beginning of this book I told my friend that I thought this would be ok for her 6th grade girl. I'm taking that back. I think this is a good book for 8th grade+ girls (that's right! soooo NOT a boy book!)

Tears?
I didn't cry but there are sooo many times I said "awwww!" and got butterflies that I'm sure a lot of people out there broke down and sniffled. I eat nails for breakfast so I'm pretty tough... ok ok... I have a black heart but after reading this book I think I now have more of a charcoal heart.

The Writing:
I love the way this book was written!! I love how the author gave us just the right amount of romance, friendship, misunderstandings, and squees. TO me... this is one of the most perfect contemporary YA books I have ever read.

The Verdict:
I'm in love!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

April 9, 2012 – Started Reading
April 9, 2012 – Shelved
April 9, 2012 – Shelved as: sunny-says
April 9, 2012 –
page 5
1.34% "Only 5 pages in and I'm laughing my ass off. Gee SUnny! You're gonna make me eat my hat ;)"
April 13, 2012 –
page 118
31.72% "Anna! Are you a moron?! Can't you see he likes you?!!"
April 14, 2012 –
page 227
61.02% "We interrupt this cute as heck book with an "OH NO HE DIDN'T - Oh YES SHE DID" shocker!"
April 15, 2012 –
page 322
86.56% "Super in love with this book! (and I thought I would hate it--- shows what I know!)"
April 15, 2012 – Shelved as: i-love-my-library
April 15, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites
April 15, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by Erika (new) - added it

Erika Awesome review!! I will add it to my list of to-reads!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

You do not have a black heart. Maybe a pretty shade of grey :)

Greta is Erikasbuddy hahaha!! Nice ;)

Eyehavenofilter Just a pretend stone heart, but kinda squishy, like ....a little sponge cake!