Ann's Reviews > The Family Garden Plan: Grow a Year's Worth of Sustainable and Healthy Food

The Family Garden Plan by Melissa K. Norris

F 50x66

Lately it seems that I read only homesteading, gardening, and food preservation books. It has been very dry reading until now. In The Family Garden Plan: Grow a Year's Worth of Sustainable and Healthy Food, Melissa K Norris takes a personal approach. She combines her experiences with referenced information to provide a well rounded guide to gardening.

Norris begins by sending the reader on a personal exploration of their own family's likes, dislikes, and needs for one year. She then provides charts to help with planting requirements to reach their goals. Each chapter, from understanding the importance of growing zones and the best crops for that area to proper food storage once your fruits and vegetables have been harvested builds upon the previous.

This book goes one step further then others in this category. The multiple charts, scattered throughout the chapters, make it less intimidating for the novice and more organized for the experienced. I know for me personally it will be much easier to keep records in this format, giving me more time to enjoy the actual garden.

I recommend reading The Family Garden Plan to everyone, whether they have a few container plants on their porch or a growing homestead.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Family Garden Plan.

December 18, 2019 – Started Reading