Kukuli's Reviews > Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

U 50x66
Apr 09, 2012

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

Quotes Kukuli Liked

Jonathan Safran Foer
“Why didn't I learn to treat everything like it was the last time. My greatest regret was how much I believed in the future.”

Jonathan Safran Foer
“I regret that it takes a life to learn how to live.”

Jonathan Safran Foer
“I feel too much. That's what's going on.' 'Do you think one can feel too much? Or just feel in the wrong ways?' 'My insides don't match up with my outsides.' 'Do anyone's insides and outsides match up?' 'I don't know. I'm only me.' 'Maybe that's what a person's personality is: the difference between the inside and outside.' 'But it's worse for me.' 'I wonder if everyone thinks it's worse for him.' 'Probably. But it really is worse for me.”

Jonathan Safran Foer
“Why do beautiful songs make you sad?' 'Because they aren't true.' 'Never?' 'Nothing is beautiful and true.”

Jonathan Safran Foer
“There were things I wanted to tell him. But I knew they would hurt him. So I buried them, and let them hurt me.”

Jonathan Safran Foer
“So many people enter and leave your life! Hundreds of thousands of people! You have to keep the door open so they can come in! But it also means you have to let them go!”