Christopher's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us

The Walking Dead, Vol. 02 by Robert Kirkman

Apr 09, 2012

liked it
Read in April, 2012

For those who are curious, the most recent season of the television series is roughly adapted on this collected volume of Walking Dead comics. Both the second season and this volume end with the same institutional imagery, though a lot of the specifics veer apart dramatically. I enjoy spotting the differences between the comic and TV worlds of Walking Dead, because both are equally valid and interesting. Reading this collection after watching the show is just as suspenseful for me, because I'm still not sure what's going to happen to the characters in whom I've become invested. If you love the show, you'll love the comic. My only gripe with the print version of Walking Dead is that the dialogue can be painfully earnest. Not that the dialogue on the TV series is exactly "My Dinner With Zombie Andre", but some of the interactions are pretty clunky and awkward, even for comics. So be prepared for that, and enjoy the gore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 02.