Sarah's Reviews > Follow the Dawn

Follow the Dawn by Rachelle Rea Cobb

bookshelves: very-mild-romance, historical-fiction, 2020-reads, sweet, homeschool-author, received-for-review

Find it on: Goodreads | Kindle | Paperback
Age Appropriate For: 13 and up for mild romance and mild verbal abuse
Best for Ages: 15 and up

I’ve been very honored to read Cobb’s books for a long time now. I knew that she had something special from the first time I read a daft of one of her stories. I adored the Steadfast Love Series and I was very excited to hear about this book, which is related but stands alone. I had high expectations going into this book, but those expectations were surpassed. This book is amazing!

Once again, Cobb brings her lyrical writing to this story. Her style reminds me some of Rosanna White, yet it is very much her own. It’s beautiful to read and make you want to gush over every page. The descriptions are vivid and the emotions spill out of the book directly into your heart.

Anna and Tudder both are such dynamic characters with real struggles. Anna has panic attacks and has trouble speaking sometimes. Tudder is impatient and has a bit of a temper. Yet, they both also love God and allow Him to work in their lives. As they grow over the course of the story, it was like a personal victory because I felt like they were my friends.

The story is hard to describe, it isn’t very suspenseful, but it also makes you want to keep flipping pages. There isn’t a lot of kissing or physical attraction described, yet the romance pulls at your heart and makes you cheer. I really felt like I entered these characters victories and sorrows with them.

I highly recommend this book to those who love sweet romance stories, historical fiction novels, and those that would like to see their favorite characters for the Steadfast Love Series again.

I received a copy of this book for review purposes. I was not required to give a positive review. All the opinions are entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Follow the Dawn.

December 20, 2019 – Shelved
December 20, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 21, 2020 – Started Reading
40.0% ""Dawn reached pink and rusty golden hues into the blackened
sky as I watched. The blackness lightened until the promise
of mercy’s light shone and prophesied a beautiful sunrise."

Awww, I've missed Rachelle's amazing descriptions. Too bad I have to leave it and get back to work"
February 3, 2020 –
51.0% "I'm really enjoying this book, but alas, I have to get back to work."
February 3, 2020 –
75.0% "well, I have to sleep. I hope to finish this in the morning. it is so, so good."
February 4, 2020 – Shelved as: very-mild-romance
February 4, 2020 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
February 4, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020-reads
February 4, 2020 – Shelved as: sweet
February 4, 2020 – Shelved as: homeschool-author
February 4, 2020 – Finished Reading
February 6, 2020 – Shelved as: received-for-review

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly Fiscus I always love your reviews! I feel like I can’t trust what u say!

Sarah Molly wrote: "I always love your reviews! I feel like I can’t trust what u say!"

Aww, Thank you Molly.

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly Fiscus Oh dear! I meant I can trust what u say! I think u knew what I meant! Sorry:(

Sarah Molly wrote: "Oh dear! I meant I can trust what u say! I think u knew what I meant! Sorry:("

Hahaha, my brain autocorrected it, I didn't even notice the typo. #thisiswhyihavetohaveaneditor

message 5: by Rachelle (new) - added it

Rachelle Cobb Thank you so much for this stellar review, Sarah! I’m honored to have you as a friend on this writing journey!

Sarah Rachelle wrote: "Thank you so much for this stellar review, Sarah! I’m honored to have you as a friend on this writing journey!"

You are very welcome! I'm so excited about this book!