Julie 's Reviews > Into the Fire

Into the Fire by Gregg Andrew Hurwitz
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
5210022
's review

it was amazing
bookshelves: 2020, e-book, netgalley, thrillers, suspense, action, adventure

Into the Fire by Gregg Horwitz is a 2020 Minotaur publication.

Supercharged, "Smoaking" hot, action and adventure!

Evan Smoak- aka- Orphan X- aka- The Nowhere Man, has come to a crossroads of sorts. He’s ready to explore life on his own terms now. But will his enemies and those who need his specialized help allow him to retire?

In this fifth installment of the series, Evan is summoned to help Max Merriweather, who is on the run from the ruthless assassins who just murdered his cousin.

Hoping this is the last time he answers the 1-800-NOWHERE hotline, Evan discovers this case is going to be one of his most difficult to contain.

I love this series more with each installment. Evan is a machine- tough, smart, unstoppable! But, beneath that exterior is a lonely man, one who was robbed of normalcy, who pines for a break from all the danger and violence.

Readers root for him on both fronts. We cheer for him as he fights the bad guys, but also sympathize with his sensitive side too- wishing he didn’t have to necessarily choose between the two.

The addition of Joey to the series is simply perfect, and the banter between she and Evan is often hysterically funny.

This chapter has a finality to it that is bittersweet- until…

The conclusion is a breathtaking stunner… promising more exciting adventures for our hero in the future.

4.5 stars
81 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Fire.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

December 19, 2019 – Shelved
December 19, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 11, 2020 – Started Reading
December 20, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020
December 20, 2020 – Shelved as: e-book
December 20, 2020 – Shelved as: netgalley
December 20, 2020 – Shelved as: thrillers
December 20, 2020 – Shelved as: suspense
December 20, 2020 – Shelved as: action
December 20, 2020 – Shelved as: adventure
December 20, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Meredith Fantastic review, Julie! I love the banter between Joey and Evan too. Glad you are enjoying this series as much as I am!


message 2: by Zoeytron (new)

Zoeytron I haven't read any of these, but you sure make the series sound tempting. Good review, Julie!


message 3: by Yun (new)

Yun Terrific review, Julie! So happy to see that you continue to enjoy this series more and more! I keep meaning to give it a try one of these days, and you remind me that I should move it up my tbr! :)


Julie Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Julie! I love the banter between Joey and Evan too. Glad you are enjoying this series as much as I am!"

Thank you very much, Meredith!! 💖


Julie Zoeytron wrote: "I haven't read any of these, but you sure make the series sound tempting. Good review, Julie!"

Thank you very much, Zoey!! I think you might like this series! 💖


Julie Yun wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! So happy to see that you continue to enjoy this series more and more! I keep meaning to give it a try one of these days, and you remind me that I should move it up my tbr! :)"

Thanks very much, Yun!! I hope you get a chance to read this series someday! A different kind of thriller, but it really grows on you. 💖


message 7: by Laur (new)

Laur Ooohhhh....sound like a goodie! Nice review, Julie! 💖


Susanne  Strong Fab review Julie! SO glad you're loving this series too! Can't wait for you to start prodigal son


Julie Laur wrote: "Ooohhhh....sound like a goodie! Nice review, Julie! 💖"

Thanks so much, Laur!! This series SO good!! 💖


Julie Susanne wrote: "Fab review Julie! SO glad you're loving this series too! Can't wait for you to start prodigal son"

Thanks so much, Susanne!! Me either!! 💖


message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina A scorchin' 5 star review Julie!! 🔥


message 12: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Terrific review Julie, glad you’re enjoying this series 💓


message 13: by Betsy (new)

Betsy For some reason, I did not care for these. Not sure why because most everyone else does. LOL Glad you do.


message 14: by Kaceey (new) - added it

Kaceey Fantastic review Julie! Isn’t this series the best!? Love it!💖


message 15: by Richard (new)

Richard Looking forward to getting back to this series - great review Julie :)


Julie Tina wrote: "A scorchin' 5 star review Julie!! 🔥"

Thanks so much, Tina!! 💖


Julie Maureen wrote: "Terrific review Julie, glad you’re enjoying this series 💓"

Thanks so much, Maureen!! 💖


Julie Betsy wrote: "For some reason, I did not care for these. Not sure why because most everyone else does. LOL Glad you do."

Thank you very much, Betsy!! I was surprised by how much I liked the first book. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. The series gets better as it goes along, I think. 💖


Julie Kaceey wrote: "Fantastic review Julie! Isn’t this series the best!? Love it!💖"

Thank you very much, Kaceey!! It is!! Glad you love it too! 💖


Julie Richard wrote: "Looking forward to getting back to this series - great review Julie :)"

Many thanks, Richard!! What a terrific series- glad you enjoy it too! 😊


Marialyce Yay! Love this series! So gladd you enjoyed it, Julie!


Julie Marialyce wrote: "Yay! Love this series! So gladd you enjoyed it, Julie!"

Thank you very much, Marialyce!! One of favorite series, right now! 💖


message 23: by Toni (new)

Toni I read the first of this series and, while I liked it, I didn't love it. Does it get better as it goes?


Julie Toni wrote: "I read the first of this series and, while I liked it, I didn't love it. Does it get better as it goes?"

In my opinion the series gets better with each installment. Evan's character development is worth tuning in for. The second book was probably the weakest- but the subsequent installments are awesome!! I hope you give the series another chance! 💖


back to top