Shannon Kirk's Reviews > Little Secrets

Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier

First off, I wish you could see my copy so you could to see my fingerprint evidence of me hanging on to this book for dear life. Leave it to Jennifer Hillier to make my flights to and from DC fly by too fast, so fast, I had to read while walking to baggage claim.
ALL of the characters in this wonderful thriller are so masterfully complex. All of them, every single one, do bad things and good things and inexplicable things and things you want to hug them for and things you want to punch them in the gut for. They are so very very human, humans dealing with big time stuff. Honestly, it was a masterclass in writing complex characters. Especially the women characters. The scenery is fabulous and I felt I was IN Pike Place market, in Marin’s craftsman style home, in a winery, in a bar, in a hair salon. LIKE I WAS REALLY TRANSPORTED to all these cool ass places.
Hillier ratchets up the tension so perfectly perfect. By the end, I wasn’t breathing. I was talking out loud on the plane and didn’t give a flip about my seat mate. I was like, “No no no no, go go go go, omg omg omg.” Yeah.
And I challenge anyone to read chapter 13 and not feel every single possible emotion about this one female character. Like, every single one.
Friggin fantastic. Hillier knocks it out of the park again.
5 Big Fat Stars. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Secrets.

Finished Reading