Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned by Kandi Steiner

Kandi Steiner held nothing back on this delectable conclusion to the Becker Brother series. The romance between eldest brother Jordan and Sydney is just that, romantic. It's also sexy and sweet, and although their slightly forbidden connection drives the story, there's a mystery (or two) at the core of this series awaiting resolution, and Kandi gave us much needed justice, and a bit of a surprise.

Sydney Kelly was introduced in the third book, Manhatten. Divorced from the dastardly sheriff Randy, she's back to work and finds herself working for and with Jordan, coach to Stratford winning high school football team. Their relationship is forged by time together and a love for the sport but there is a strong undercurrent of sexual chemistry between them that neither can ignore. It's so much fun to see how these two grow into something. Sydney's daughter, Paige, is a delight and gives Jordan a new love of family. And it's family love and the need to protect that creates a bit of a problem between Jordan and Sydney, but together they find their way.

Jordan was the brother with the most mystery surrounding him. He's adopted and we've been waiting to find out just how that came about. Kandi held back through three books, giving no clues.
From the start of the series, we've been waiting to find out what happened to John Becker those many years ago. I will say it's not a big surprise as to who arranged the death of John Becker and why, but Jordan parentage is another story. I'll admit I didn't see that coming at all. It makes the ending all the more sweet. I'm sad to see the end of the series but always looking forward to what Kandi delivers next! 4 Stars!

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Old Fashioned.

December 18, 2019 – Shelved