Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Good Girls Lie

Good Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison

Ending and beginning the new year reading a mystery book was certainly a GOOD thing. With Good Girls Lie, J.T. Ellison shows the devious side to teenage girls from wealthy families. Not all the young ladies at The Goode School are bad, but the bad ones are well trained and plentiful.

The story opens with a pivotal incident, but we are taken back to the start of the term and are quickly embroiled in hi-jinks of this all-girls boarding school. Primarily told through two points of view, that of the Dean, Dr. Ford Westhaven and new to the school girl Ashlyn Carr, the story unfolds across the semester where we learn about school hazing, called tapping, and the mystery of who Ash is and what she's running from.

Ash is targetted early, as jealously swirls for this young British girl. The girls of Goode give no quarter and highly distrust anyone new to the environment. Immediately Ash finds herself in the crosshairs of senior Becca Curtis but overtime is brought into the fold. But no one appears to be safe at Goode and there is no shortage of suspects. Pay close attention because the story culminates with a new voice and a great twist, one I had to re-read a few times to make sure I was absorbing this new information.

I found this to be a very captivating and unsettling mystery thriller. This is my first read of a J.T. Ellison story and you guessed it, it won't be my last. 4.5 Stars - I highly recommend this gripping thriller.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Girls Lie.

December 17, 2019 – Shelved