Ellen's Reviews > Cheated by Death

bookshelves: mystery-paranormal, bartlett
Read in October, 2011

Intense and worthy of your attention., October 7, 2011
By Ellen Rappaport
This review is from: Cheated By Death (A Jeff Resnick Mystery) (Paperback)
This is the 3rd book in the Jeff Resnick series I've read. A special thank-you to the author and publisher, Polaris Press, for issuing it in book form.

This series is not a cozy and does not pretend to be a cozy...but as a cozy lover I have been engrossed in this series from the start. Jeff Resnick has some serious health issues most of which stem from that horrific mugging and beating he endured at the start in "Murder On The Mind". Besides the health issues Jeff also has received the gift of a paranormal...is that a gift or a curse. His paranormal abilities make themselves known when least expected often throwing Jeff off balance in more ways than one.
The intense feelings Jeff experiences regarding relationships with others whether in his family or just friends are at time painful to read. I find myself wishing someone could relieve Jeff of his headaches and even his paranormal insight. In this installment of Jeff's life he feels the same. The insights he experiences of his brother(Richard) and Brenda(Richard's wife)are issues he can't deal with.

I appreciate the way the author brings me right into the picture from the first page on. My feelings are of my returning to Richard & Brenda's kitchen to sit down and share a cup of coffee. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the Jeff Resnick series is my favorite of this autor's series'.

A definite thumbs up for this 3rd installment in the Jeff Resnick series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cheated by Death.

05/13/2016 marked as: read