Ruth’s Romances's Reviews > Great and Precious Things

Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”Wanting you is all I’ve ever known. You’re in my blood, my bones, my soul.”
If you love:
•Military romance
•Small towns
•Angst
•Slow Burn
•Dual POV
Then this is the one for you!✨
I loved this book. Not because it was well written, engaging and emotionally charged. Let me be clear, it was all that. But this story was just beautiful. In a heart wrenching way. Was it about love? Absolutely. But it was about so much more. It was about family. And the unexpected. And fighting for what you know is right. For those you love.✨
This book touches on a devestating medical condition and the heartbreak associated. It also touches on a sensitive and difficult subject for many. It’s something no one wants to think about. Let alone have to make decisions about. But it is a subject that I have such strong feelings on. So this topic definitely helped connect me to this book. But even if that element was removed I still would have loved this book.✨
You couldn’t help but feel for Cam. He was a literal hero. And treated nothing of the sort. Despite his heart of gold. Willow, the strong heroine. Despite life’s heartbreaking blows, she gave her all to everyone. Always with a cheerful and supportive smile. She’s the friend that has your back when the rest of the world is against you. And I adored that in her.✨
This book was a roller coaster of emotions and mostly the heart wrenching kind. It was full of angst. And maybe the slowest slow burn I’ve ever read. But it was so powerful. There were twists I didn’t see coming. My heart was in my throat so many times, I lost count. The first two chapters alone pulled me in, in a way I knew this was gong to be a fantastic read. And not long into the book I felt emotional invested in this story. Mostly with tears in my eyes.✨
I am still thinking of this book. I love all avenues of romance. But the ones that pull at my heart strings, and make me feel the emotions of the story...Those are my favourite kind. And this was definitely that! I highly recommend this book!✨
I received an ARC for my honest review.✨

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Great and Precious Things.

December 16, 2019 – Shelved