Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)'s Reviews > Slaying Monsters for the Feeble

Slaying Monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie

bookshelves: on-my-ebook, wish-list-fiction, new-adult

pooled ink Reviews:
This series has utterly taken me over. Fun characters, unique world, intriguing plot, and good timing have come together to form an utterly addictive adventure full of guilds, demons, and desserts. Admittedly both Robin and Zylas had moments that annoyed me a wee bit (although Zylas has the excuse of being a demon haha) but I still love both of them and I am absolutely rooting for them whole-heartedly. Growth is shown in this book between the duo and I am on the hook for the next one! This series from the start has proved to be a fun fast-paced read that I am absolutely loving.

(Side note: It's really cool how effortlessly latin, whatever language demons speak, etc. is woven into the story and how quickly I'm able to understand via context clues. Even when I'm not sure what something means, the story still somehow manages to move seamlessly.)

(Other side note: I really love how we get this exploration into morality and humanity as Robin continues to realize her inner goodness is not innate to everyone, especially not a demon who has never asked those questions or been presented with scenarios in which things like mercy or kindness are an option or reality, and that someone without that inner goodness is not nothing but actually a smart and useful resource as he brings a different viewpoint that sees where her goodness and fearfulness blinds her. They compliment each other really well actually (although they are slow to see this lol). His reality is so far removed from hers that they both must learn to acknowledge this, understand their differences and figure out a way to bridge the gap to form trust, if they are to truly team up and achieve their goals - thus comes the byproduct of growth. Yay! This series is fun but actually also has an interesting deeper layer from a psychological standpoint that I love hehe)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slaying Monsters for the Feeble.

December 16, 2019 – Shelved