Erica Chilson's Reviews > The Summoning

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

4182064
Apr 08, 2012

bookshelves: 5-star, digital, nook, paper, school-is-cool, urban-fantasy, young-adult
Read from April 08 to 09, 2012

Posted on:Wicked Reads

The Darkest Powers Trilogy- Kelley Armstrong

Overall I give this trilogy a solid 4 1/2 stars.

I was entertained from page one. The Summoning starts off like a horror flick. The trilogy has a slight creepy feel thanks to Chloe's abilities. I'm trying to review without giving any spoilers or letting on to the main plot.

I was fascinated with the way the story unfolded as Chloe deals with having Schizophrenia and living in a home for crazy kids. I enjoyed the characters and their individual powers and interactions among each other.

What I loved the most about this trilogy is the fact that it wasn't overpowered with sickening, sweet insta-love. The trilogy was about the story, the premise, the characters- not some outrageous love affair for 15 yr olds. Yes, there is an underlying love/crush that is built on friendship and bonding over circumstance.

The Darkest Powers Trilogy was a thrill ride with it's fast paced story flow, spooky scenes, action and excitement, sweet moments, strong bond of friendship, and an inventive paranormal premise.

I highly recommend this series to anyone 10 and up who loves paranormal young adult.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summoning.

Sarah Simone Loved this series :D

Erica Chilson I'm enjoying it. The characters aren't cliche in any fashion. It isn't about insta-love. It's just exciting with an excellent story. I'm almost finished with book 1. very good!

Sarah Simone Yeah none of it was annoying cliche which I think is why I enjoyed it so much!