Becky's Reviews > The Day of First Sun

The Day of First Sun by Sheryl Steines

1978609
Apr 08, 2012

Read from April 08 to 17, 2012

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I agreed to read this because it sounds just like my sort of book, magic, mystery, adventure thrown together with vampires, wizards and the FBI. what's not to like?
Annie and Cham have been friends since they were 9, and now work together for the Wizard Guard, they live dangerously, tracking and hunting vampires, stopping rogue wizards and stopping black magic. But things get much more risky when Princess Amelie is murdered by magic and things get more complicated with each step.
I loved the whole Wizard Guard in this book, so cool. Sort of like the FBI - only cooler! Annie is one of those girls who always wants to get stuck in and be the one to catch the bad-guy, she has a score to settle with a vampire, and will do everything she can to bring him down.
Cham is kick-ass when he wants to be, put is also sensitive and caring, always there for Annie. Do you feel love in the air?!?
The plot is well structured and thought out, everything links up nicely and comes together. The pacing is good, once I had started I got through the book quite quickly. The characters are very realistic and believable and the vampires blood-sucking and resourceful - as they should be!!! There is a perfect mix of the investigation, interrogation, magic and fighting. Every word written has a purpose and drags you further into the story, and very cleverly links up at the end, bringing all the pieces together.
It's a very manageable length at 300 pages and it absolutely flew by for me.
The end of my book had a sneak peak at the next one in the series and I have to say I really want to read that one too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Day of First Sun.

04/15/2012 page 201