Deborah E Kehoe's Reviews > Tweet Cute

Tweet Cute by Emma Lord

Pepper and Jack both reminded me of myself when I was in high school. On the surface sure of who they were, but inside they had all of these feelings and insecurities. Total teenage angst with their personal problems feeling larger than life. It created a personal tension that paralleled their tweet feud and budding romance that amped the tension moving the plot along and keeping me turning the pages. Ah, sassy, teenage love.

The thing that I loved the most about this novel was that despite their parents business rivalry the two manage to build a friendship that each of them needed and looked forward to. Yes, there was the alt plot of an anonymous online romance, but it was the real one that held my interest. These two needed a best friend and it seemed they found that in each other. In a totally “tweet cute” kind of way.

No surprise that I enjoyed this novel. It was light hearted fun, but also had a depth to the relationships, both teen and parental. I sped through these pages like a kid ripping wrapping paper off my gifts eager for the happy ending. My rating? I’d give it 10 adorbs for cuteness but since that’s not on my rating bar, I’ll give Tweet Cute a ❤️❤️❤️❤️❣️!

I received a free copy of this book through NetGalley and the publisher for my honest review and it was honest!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tweet Cute.

December 15, 2019 – Shelved