Heidi's Reviews > You Know Where to Find Me

Apr 07, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: ya, read-2012
Read from April 07 to 08, 2012

Miles and Laura were cousins and at some times, best friends (those times being mainly when they got high together). After Laura's suicide, Miles loses herself in cigarettes, pills, and food. Her other best friend, Jamal, doesn't seem to be there for her when she needs him, Laura's best friend, Bex, suddenly wants to hang out with Miles, and Miles' long-absent father appears on the scene and actually seems to want a place in her life. The downward spiral that is Miles' life continues as Jamal and Bex become more friendly as Miles realizes that she wants more than just friendship from Jamal. She retreats once again into a pill-popping state. Will she follow her cousin into the final resting place of no pain?

I did not connect with the main characters--Miles because she was so caught up in tryng to overcome her pain with drugs and at times, self-pity, and Jamal because he seemed emotionally wishy-washy (being that he's a teen, no surprise there). I just didn't care about what happened in the plot. Perhaps if I were a high school student, this book would resonate with me but it didn't. Reviewed in Booklist, School Library Journal, and Kirkus. Review copy provided by Puget Sound Council.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Know Where to Find Me.