Ionia's Reviews > To Die To Sleep

To Die To Sleep by Stephanie Black

liked it

This book starts out interesting enough to hold a reader's attention, but I soon found I had trouble trying to suspend belief enough to really get into the story and fully appreciate where it was going. The author is good at building suspense and keeping you guessing, but some of the events just seemed so unlikely that it would stop me from reading in order to consider if a character would really behave that way.

Overall, I didn't think this was a terrible book, just one that I struggled to get into and didn't fully immerse myself in. I still think you should read it and decide for yourself. There is some really good dialogue here, and the characters are interesting in their own right. I did feel like the author was connected to their work but perhaps didn't explore all of the opportunities a book like this presents for readers.

If you enjoy mysteries and stories that feature remote locations, this will be one you want to pick up and give a chance.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the publisher, provided through Netgalley. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Die To Sleep.

December 14, 2019 – Shelved