Kim's Reviews > The Dating Charade

The Dating Charade by Melissa    Ferguson

bookshelves: christian, christian-romance, arc, contemporary, romance

The Dating Charade
By Melissa Ferguson
Rating: 4/5

This story was a lot of fun to read. I don’t think the title of the book is a good description of the story but I did enjoy it.

Cassie is fed up with the online world of dating but the girls at the youth center she runs have other ideas. Cassie longs to find a partner who wants to adopt but she is hesitant to put that on her dating profile.

Jett is a local fireman who signs up for online dating and notices that Cassie, his high school crush, is on the same site. When he sets up a date for them, he realizes that Cassie was completely blindsided and someone else had been sending messages on her behalf. Cassie refuses the date and doesn’t recognize him.

What happens when they finally start dating and falling in love and both of their lives jump head first into chaos and parental responsibilities?

The author alternates between Cassie and Jett’s point of view. The characters are flawed and fearful of sharing their messy lives with each other. Can anyone relate? They have huge hearts of gold and find themselves thrust into the craziness that is foster parenthood without warning. As someone who hopes to adopt some day, I loved this story. I liked how they talked about both sides of the story and how fostering is hopefully only temporary.

I highly recommend this story for those that love a heartwarming rom-com.

My thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for an ARC of the book. All opinions expressed here are entirely my own. No positive review was expected and no compensation received.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dating Charade.

Started Reading