Brenda's Reviews > Amethyst Pledge

Amethyst Pledge by Leonie Rogers

bookshelves: 2020-release, arc, aussie-authors, fantasy, gift-from-author, paranormal, own-read, read-on-kindle, young-adult

Kazari felt a range of mixed emotions when she left her family to embark on her calling, the biggest her sadness at her parents’ anger and refusal to farewell her. But her arrival in Albatar after days of travel; her initiation and training left her no time for dwelling on her family. She was exhausted by nightfall, day in and day out.

Kazari had not expected to become a Hunter, but the amethyst which hung around her neck assured her she was one of the few the Lady deemed right for the Hunter group. Excitement, trepidation and anticipation mingled; what would be her gifts from the Lady? War was heading their way with the gorgones threatening to kill everyone in their paths. Would they survive? Kaz knew the new friends she had made within the Abbey would work together, have each other’s backs – but would it be enough?

Amethyst Pledge by Aussie author Leonie Rogers is the 1st in a new series – The Albatar Chronicles – and I loved it. I devoured it from beginning to end! Action packed, emotive and filled with tension, I can’t wait for the second in the series. I loved the author’s previous trilogy – The Frontier series – and I know I’m going to thoroughly enjoy this one as well. Highly recommended.

With thanks to the author for my digital ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amethyst Pledge.

December 14, 2019 – Shelved
April 10, 2020 – Shelved as: own-read
April 10, 2020 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
April 10, 2020 – Shelved as: young-adult
April 10, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf) Great review, Brenda! Looks great! Love the cover!

Brenda Thanks Melissa - yes it's fabulous!