Megan Trennett's Reviews > Sacré Bleu: A Comedy d'Art

Sacré Bleu by Christopher Moore

Apr 07, 2012

While a little slow to start, there's a lot of mystery and intrigue (and of course, laughs) that makes putting down this book fairly difficult to do. I took my time and savored it, not wanting to plow through the Moore book I've been waiting a good, long time for to be finished in a day, but if I knew I had a catalogue of his others to get through, I wouldn't have put it down once it got going.
For those who've read all of Moore's books (like I have), I can only describe it as A Dirty Job meets Fool. The feel, flow, and story are much like the former, the linguistics (as in not overly modern) are like the latter. Seeing as how those two are among my favorites, it's easy to see how I can give it such a high rating.
I read the ebook version, and while there weren't supposed to pictures of the mentioned paintings in it, there were. I'm fortunate enough to have a colored ereader so I got to enjoy the paintings, but I did find that it made it had to follow the story. I think this is because the captions blended with the rest of the font/text, unlike it does in the hardcopy.
My final word on the book is this: Well done, Mister Moore. You did not disappoint.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacré Bleu.