Jeremy Mitchell's Reviews > Thanks, But This Isn't for Us: The Compassionate Guide to Understanding What's Wrong with Your Writing and Leaving the Rejection Pile for Good

Thanks, But This Isn't for Us by Jessica Page Morrell

Funny, concise and filled with honest, punch-to-the-gut guidance, this book is a winner. If you are a writer who cannot (for the life of you) figure out why your manuscript is lagging, missing something or just plain not working; do yourself a favour: read this book! I had been struggling with rewrites for weeks, but after reading one-third of this book, my brain was overflowing with ideas on how to improve the plot and structure of my novel. The rest of the book gave me so (so) many tips on how to edit and rewrite the story.

If you are self-aware and open to hard criticism and reality, this book is a good developmental editor in print form. If you are not self-aware or open to harsh criticism, you should probably rethink a career in writing.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thanks, But This Isn't for Us.

December 12, 2019 – Started Reading