Cheri's Reviews > 30 Dates in 30 Days

30 Dates in 30 Days by Elle  Spencer

1994963

liked it
bookshelves: 2019-genre-challenge, 2019-reads, audio, lgbtq, romance, arc, netgalley

I started out enjoying the story and the characters but about halfway, I just wanted it to end. I felt like it dragged quite a bit and when the characters from The Road to Madison (I assume it was them but I quit that book almost immediately) showed up, I nearly quit.

Because I tend to be fairly late with my ARC reviews (sorry authors, publishers, and NetGalley!) I started consuming this one with the audio book but the narrator got to be too much for me so I switched to my trusty text-to-speech reader and was much happier. I got back into the story and stayed mostly engaged.

Ultimately, I felt good when the book ended but not enough to ever read it again. And for romance novels, a re-read is about as good as it gets with me.

Thanks BSB and NetGalley for the ebook!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 30 Dates in 30 Days.

December 13, 2019 – Started Reading
December 13, 2019 – Shelved
December 13, 2019 –
13.0% "I've laughed quite a bit already. And I'm starting to love the bar regulars."
December 16, 2019 –
63.0% "I feel like this has gone on long enough. Wonder if anyone else feels like this is excessively drawn out. I mean, I seriously could have done without the long bit about the previous book that I quit reading almost immediately. I'm not actually sure at this point if I'm going to finish this one."
December 16, 2019 –
63.0% "I switched to the text to speech reader and ebook instead of the audiobook. The narrator had been grating on my nerves. This might be better."
December 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Alena (new)

Alena I have to admit that the popularity of this author baffles me greatly.