Adriana Locke's Reviews > Great and Precious Things

Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros

32902091

Without a doubt, Great And Precious Things is Yarros' best work to-date. Few writers bring together undeniable romance and touching emotional moments like Yarros. She's a master at weaving together details so intricately that you feel like you're a part of the story as it's taking place. It's a talent that not all possess. She captures you so fast that by the second page, you feel like you're home. It's bizarre ... and addicting. It's one of the greatest things to find as a reader.

The themes of the story resonated so deeply with me. What family hasn't been touched by disease? How many of us hasn't felt like the black sheep at some point or another? This story entertains. Interestingly, it also nurtures you as you go along like a warm blanket on a chilly night. It's a story you need, a tale that scratches an itch that you couldn't quite put your finger on. It makes you believe in family. In community. In second chances and healing. It gives you hope at a time when we all need a little bit of that.

The characters are dynamic and Camden is the ultimate hero. He steals scenes quietly with his grit and chip-on-his-shoulder bravado. He's exactly what I'm looking for when I crack open the pages of a book. He's a treat, a wonderful concoction of sex appeal and a heart of gold that I fell head-over-heels for by the end of the first chapter. I love him.

Great And Precious Things is a tale I will remember. It's is a story that have me saying, "Oh, Colorado? I lived there once with a man named Cam ..."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Great and Precious Things.

Finished Reading
December 12, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Dani /BBNT Blog This is so perfectly well said! Camden was amazing and this book really does wrap you up and consume you from the very beginning.