Kali's Reviews > Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Are you fricking kidding me with that ending!? I need book two NOW.

"A world of nevers under a never sky."

This fricking book. I can't even fricking begin to say how much I love this book. I've already had a few really great reads this year, but this book had my heart pounding and racing, and sitting in my lecture class wanting to sit in the back so I could read, who needs to learn about Psych anyways!? As I was reading this last night, I picked it up at chapter 6, and when I got to chapter 15 I told myself I'd go to bed at chapter 16. Then I continued to read until chapter 22, completely forgetting I ever made that deal with myself over stopping. I just couldn't put this book down. I read it every chance I got today while running errands. I absolutely adored it. Also, I just have to say that I always mostly skim in books. Even if it's just a sentence or a paragraph, I always know which books I've read in their entirety and didn't even skim a single line, much less word. And this is one of those books. (Except towards the end, but I reread it again I just had to know sooner!! I got impatient.)

(view spoiler)

I was a little weirded out by the mentions..or nonmentions of sex. It's not that I'm against sex in YA or anything like that, but there were a few moments where they're talking about sex and it took me rereading it to understand that they were mentioning sex. I kept thinking I was missing a word or something.

I can't think of any actual issues I had though, the only issue I can think of is with other people's reviews in fact, because from a few people I took it as this had a love triangle with Perry, Roar, and Aria. Which is not the case at all. This book is love triangle free! and I love it even more because of that. I appreciate when a YA book is love triangle free, because so many of them aren't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Never Sky.

April 6, 2012 –
0.0% "super excited to actually start this!"
April 7, 2012 – Started Reading
April 7, 2012 – Shelved
April 7, 2012 –
5.0% "ok, so I'm only going to be starting the 5th chapter, but I fricking really like it so far!"
page 41
page 98
26.2% "no. fricking. way. Talon! Also, I'm totally waiting for Roar to come in, I always saw his name in reviews...and so far I think he's just been mentioned once?!"
April 9, 2012 –