Laura's Reviews > The Last Plea Bargain

The Last Plea Bargain by Randy Singer

Apr 06, 2012

Summary: In Jamie Brock's three years as an attorney, she has never plea-bargained a case and is determined never to compromise her standards. However, when a well-known defense attorney is charged with killing his wife, he advises his fellow prisoners to refuse plea bargains and therefore backing up the court system until prisoners begin to walk as the justice system becomes overwhelmed with cases. Desperate to bring a conviction to the man who defended her mother's killer, Jamie just might have to make a deal with the devil.

My thoughts: Many advise writers to write what they know, and it's evident that Randy Singer knows about law and the justice system because the several story lines are woven together tightly, creating an exciting ride to the surprising finish.

In addition to telling a fast-paced court-room thriller, The Last Plea Bargain brings up the moral and political issue of the death penalty as Jamie's mother's killer makes a last ditch effort to delay his execution. The death penalty is a controversial topic, and Singer handles is gracefully, allowing the reader to come to his or her own conclusion.

Fans of suspense will enjoy this legal thriller that not only entertains but also gives the reader some food for thought.

I received this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Plea Bargain.