Cheri's Reviews > After the Summer Rain

After the Summer Rain by Gerri Hill

1994963

bookshelves: 2019-reads, 2019-genre-challenge, arc, audio, lgbtq, romance

I know that my last few reviews of Gerri Hill novels included words to the effect of "...really, I think I'm done with this author." So why did I decide to give this one a try? Well, Megan said I'd like it and she knows me pretty well. And she was right, I did like it.

After the Summer Rain feels very much like the older stand-alone romances by Hill. There were no creepy friends or stalkers or peepers, just a couple of emotionally damaged women who find love and peace with each other. This book reminded me a lot of No Strings and Snow Falls with nature and two women who aren't really enemies to lovers but more or less stuck together and forced to learn about each other and grow close. This is one of my favorite tropes in romance novels.

I know I'm not alone in going back and forth about Gerri Hill's books but I feel confident in recommending this one to all of you fence dwellers like me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After the Summer Rain.

December 10, 2019 – Started Reading
December 10, 2019 – Shelved
December 10, 2019 –
1.0% "Yes, I'm going against my better judgment and reading another Hill book. I blame Megan..."
December 10, 2019 –
December 11, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Cab (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cab I'm trusting your judgment as a fellow fence sitter