Ginger's Reviews > Gotta Get Theroux This: My Life and Strange Times in Television

Gotta Get Theroux This by Louis Theroux

liked it
bookshelves: 2020, book-club

3 STARS!

This book would not have come on to my radar if it wasn’t for a friend in my book club. She’s from the UK and she really enjoyed watching his BBC documentaries back in the day.

I didn’t know much about Louis Theroux before this book but I now know much more. This was part memoir and mesh mash on all things that happened on his shows and in life. He does seem like an interesting guy.

To me, Gotta Get Theroux This was just okay for me. I think it could be rated higher and have a more positive experience by someone who’s actually seen some of his documentaries like Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends or When Louis Met….

Since I haven’t seen any of his shows, it was a nice experience to read about his life, growing up years and all the people that were interviewed.

I do think this book could have been shorter. A lot of chapters felt repetitive especially when he would talk about a famous person that he interviewed. I didn’t need multiple chapters on it and could have been fine with one chapter explaining who it was and all the issues that the film makers ran into.

In conclusion, if you are a HUGE Louis Theroux fan, I think you’ll really enjoy this book!
And if you are like me and don’t know much about him or his shows, I think you’ll still find it a pleasant read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gotta Get Theroux This.

December 10, 2019 – Shelved
January 15, 2020 –
page 81
January 18, 2020 –
page 146
37.06% "Interviewing Jimmy Savile"
January 22, 2020 –