Eleanor's Reviews > Power Play

Power Play by Toni Aleo

bookshelves: romance-sports, 2010-2019

5 Power Play Stars

Posey and Boon had me from the very first chapter. Power Play is the second book in Toni Aleo's Nashville Assassins: Next Generation Series. Her Assassins series is one of my favourite hockey series so the next generation was a must read for me.

Posey Rose Adler is the daughter of legendary Shea Adler and owner of Assassins hockey team Elli Adler. She has just ran off to open her heart to someone and they in turn have crushed it. She returns home to parents who are disappointed in her and she wants to prove them wrong. She takes a job as a special teams assistant with the Assassins, this is where she will shine and finally enabling her to step out from behind her sister’s shadow.

“In case you haven’t realized by now, I happen to think you are absolutely stunning. So strong, so confident, and so gorgeous.”

Boon Zachariah Hoenes is winger for the Assassins. He is hardworking, loyal and sweet. He had his heart crushed by his ex fiance who had been having an affair for the last 6 months of their relationship. He feels he will never trust or love anyone again. That is until Posey skates on to the ice and knocks him for six.

"Sometimes two people fall in love after having their hearts broken, but together, as a team, they can build a foundation of love that will be indestructible."

The chemistry and attraction between these two was powerful they have you hooked until the last page. Power Play is funny, emotional and such a hot story that you wont be able to put it down and will just want to know what happens next. It has the most amazing secondary characters some we've heard from before and some are new but all make this story incredible.

I highly recommend picking this book up. You wont regret it. I'm very excited to see what comes next in this series.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Power Play.

December 10, 2019 – Shelved
December 10, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
December 10, 2019 – Shelved as: romance-sports
January 5, 2020 – Started Reading
January 7, 2020 – Shelved as: 2010-2019
January 7, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review ↪Happy reading L💕ve ↩

Eleanor ❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "↪Happy reading L💕ve ↩"

Thank you luv, this is a good one I recommend picking it up! :)