V H's Reviews > Dark Angel

Dark Angel by V.C. Andrews

Apr 06, 2012

bookshelves: bookcrossing
Read from April 06 to 07, 2012

There were some mistakes in this book, a few things that didn’t correspond with what had been written in book one “Heaven”, and there was some historical mistakes (it seems Andrews couldn’t quite decide in what time period she wanted the saga to be set in and so the math doesn’t really add up), but other than those faults it was a good book. Like the first book, I think I can also read this one over and over again.

Heaven goes back to her dead mother’s childhood home, but it’s not like she expected at all. She goes looking for her brothers and sisters, which she got separated from in the first book, with interesting results. There are loads of surprises in the book, some I could guess some I couldn’t. Like in the first book Heaven is filled with hate. Although to me it seems to shine through a lot more in this book. It’s sad to read about someone filled with so much hate that is also too stubborn to let go of even a small part of the hate. In a way it’s quite childish, but after what happened in book 1, where the hating starts, it’s also understandable, to an extent. But then that’s the way some people act, people doesn’t usually act rationally or the way you want them to, and so in a way I guess the way she acts is realistic.

Heaven is not my favourite character in this book, I still like her character and think it’s interesting, but my favourite has to be the grandfather. He’s just such a sweet character, he was in the first book as well, but he’s featured a little bit more in this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Angel.

message 1: by Lea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lea Those inconsistencies between books are so frequent in V.C. Andrews' writing and even more so by the ghostwriter. In the last one I read, Falling Stars, it was as if the book was about four completely different characters with completely different backgrounds than what we were given in the individual books about each character. It's very confusing and leaves one trying to fill in the blanks. Someone really needs to keep better notes about their characters and story!