MsRomanticReads's Reviews > Her Magic Touch

Her Magic Touch by Sable Hunter

Apr 06, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: angst, contemporary-romance, erotica, fantasy-magic, druids-mages-witches-magic, western-cowboys, 2012
Read on May 15, 2012

After Joseph's bike accident leaves him paralyzed, he can't help but feel sorry for himself. He feels like a burden to the family, he mourns the loss of his career, his so-called friends and countless female conquests have distanced themselves from him, but what hits him the hardest is that he doesn't feel like a whole man anymore. When a family friend tells him about Cady Renaud, a woman with special healing powers, he jumps at the chance even though he's skeptical. He agrees to let her help him, on one condition – she must be homely and unattractive. Cady is indeed special. She has always been Joseph's guardian angel. After his accident, she is sent to Earth, reborn as a human without any memories of her true origin, to help him heal and find his true destiny. But fulfilling her destiny will not come without considerable heartache and sacrifice.

So far, this story disappointed me the most. Not that I had a problem with the supernatural aspect of it, even if it was strange and completely different from the other books thus far. My problem was with Joseph's behavior towards Cady. Since the first book and the introduction of all the McCoy brothers, they were all raised to be gentlemen. Even Joseph mentions somewhere in here that his parents would have been appalled at his behavior. We get glimpses into his mind as to why he lashes out so often, and it all boils down to his embarrassment over not being able to function fully for a female. That's understandable to an extent, but it just seemed out of character.

Seeing his discomfort, she tried to make light of it at her expense, maybe that would put him at ease.

"Remember, that's why you wanted a homely therapist." She spread her hands in concession to make the point. "Well, here I am – coyote ugly -whatever that means. So, don't think of me as a female, think of me as asexual – just a person."

Cady has always loved him, so she can't help herself. As a former guardian, it's ingrained in her to be compassionate and to help. She's sweet and a little naive, and I was surprised that she let her dignity take so many hits. I teared up so many times, it was ridiculous. In my opinion, he didn't grovel near enough to make things right with Cady. Ms Hunter doesn't disappoint with her usual scorching hot sex. The ending was quite sweet, since we got a glimpse into the distant future to see destiny fulfilled.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Magic Touch.