Lady Sal's Reviews > A Quick Bite

Apr 06, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal
Read from April 06 to 07, 2012

** spoiler alert ** OMG! What the bloody hell? No pun intended.

I struggled to get through this book. I actually skipped alot of pages just to get away from the characters' thoughts and plans and blah, blah, blah.

I never write reviews for a book I've read, but this is an exception, and not because it was good. It wasn't.

The vampire heroine is hemaphobic?! I can't decide whether it's ammusing or stupid.

I found the heroine to be immature... I mean I get that she's been under her father's tyrannical hand for a while but gah! it was too painful to read. She wanted independence, she should be working to achieve that but I felt she still relied alot on her family. And the fear and uncertainty she has when it comes to taking care of herself just made it seem like she wasn't really making an effort. And the hero wasn't all that either. He gave up his family without a thought for this woman he thinks he loves, I mean suuuure it's romantic. Ah, no. So what they were running from her family, who ,by the way, the heroine thinks will completely wipe the H's mind and leave him to suffer 'maddness'.

What I found really annoying, though, was the constant familial interference. I get it, big family and all. But seriously, after the first two chapters of one or all of them popping up at one point or another, I just got frustrated!

The writing wasn't especially good, either.

Although, I'd have given the book one star based on all the above, I decided to give it two stars because of the author's unique story of how 'vampires' came to be. The legend of Atlantis has been told and retold for generations, and one constant was that it was an evolved nation. I appreciated the author's use of that portion of myth to incorporate it with another myth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Quick Bite.