Ashley Houser's Reviews > The Murder List

The Murder List by Hank Phillippi Ryan

liked it

The cover of this book automatically drew me in. I love a good murder mystery. And this one unexpectedly was overwhelmingly more of a courtroom drama.

I enjoyed the plot of this book. A married couple, one a defense attorney and one a law student working for a prominent district attorney are on opposite ends of the fence during a high stakes murder investigation. It was interesting to see the investigation from both sides of the fence as most books primarily are written from one perspective or another.

I struggled a bit with the format of the book. While I generally enjoy books that alternate between past and present events, I felt like the way this book was written caused the story to be a bit disjointed. Until closer to the end I had a hard time seeing how the past and present timelines related and I felt like it was a bit confusing.

I also felt like the ending was a bit too abrupt. I would have appreciated a bit more closure.

Overall, this one was good but not great.

-I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to NetGalley, Hank Phillippi Ryan, and Forge Books for the opportunity to review.-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murder List.

December 8, 2019 – Started Reading