Laura's Reviews > Infinity

Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Apr 06, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, urban-fantasy, young-adult, paranormal-thriller
Read in April, 2012

I found Infinity on the clearance shelf at Half Price Books. I was thrilled that one of my favorite authors, Sherrilyn Kenyon, had joined the ranks of some of my other favorite authors, Terry Pratchett, Diane Duane, and Tanya Huff, who have become young adult authors.

I was also thrilled that Nick's story would finally be told. Nick the Squire, I figured, would explain the Squire's connection to the Dark Hunters further. I'd rather liked Nick and wanted to learn more.

I was about halfway through the book when I realized that Infinity wasn't quite following the Dark Hunger canon. 'Oh, no!' I thought, 'Sherrilyn Kenyon, is pulling a Star Trek." (I've always felt it was a crutch for the writers to introduce a time loop/continuum problem in order to resolve differences between the storyline and the canon. Star Trek is notorious for introducing time continuum problems to fix a storyline problem.)

I was tempted to chuck the book but kept reading (mostly because I was already comfy in bed and I didn't want to go downstairs to get another book). I'm glad I did.

Yes, it's a time continuum issue but Sherrilyn Kenyon provided a believable rationale. So, now I'm eagerly looking forward to more from the Nick Chronicles.

I'm thinking about taking this book to my school and leaving it up on the bookshelves to recommend to my Twilight-reading teens. They deserve access to books better than that dreck.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinity.