Joshua Gross's Reviews > To the Nines

To the Nines by Janet Evanovich

Apr 06, 2012

Read from April 06 to 21, 2012

** spoiler alert ** My goodness, this book caught me off guard. It was a lot funnier than some of the books for the most part. There were a lot of amusing little things in this one. Then there was the fact that Stephanie's car didn't get blown up or anything through the whole book. She injured several bodyguards along the way but her car amazingly survived. Then there's the fact that she left Jersey on a job and went to Las Vegas with not only Lula but also Connie, so that was kind of fun. The evil-doer was pretty obvious. It was one of three potential people right from the start, and I just decided it must be the unlikeliest one until clues pointed me in the direction of the next least likeliest. It got pretty obvious about 75% of the way through the book, but it didn't matter because her villain had an interesting and horrifying 'game' going on that made things interesting. The climax would have been ten times scarier if the villain hadn't been saying such dorky things while Stephanie moved around in the dark, and if it had gone on a little longer. I'm glad it didn't, because I was starting to think the book wasn't ever going to end. I have no idea what Stephanie was thinking giving up her apartment, either. There was a lot going on in this book, but it certainly livened things up in the series and made for a good read:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Nines.