Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > Truth or Beard

Truth or Beard by Penny Reid

This was a really pleasant surprise! I always go in hoping/expecting to enjoy a book but I really liked a lot of different things about this book. The characters were great and I really liked how they worked through their inevitable conflict. They wanted what was best for each other and reacted based on what happened in their own lives/to their parents and tried to do “the right thing”.

It did get a little long and I feel like a couple things could have been more concise but then biggest thing was that I would have scrapped the whole beginning. Kind of a spoiler but not because A) it’s the beginning of the book and B) it literally has no effect on the rest of the book but I did not like the “oops wrong twin” in. Jessica has a crush on one twin, mistakes his brother for him, and then the romance is with the “mistaken” twin. I would have rather spent more time on the hate-to-love aspect and more drawn out sexual tension rather than wasting time on something that didn’t really come into play anywhere else.

I loved the brother relationship and Jessica’s family too. Neither was perfect but both were honest and I really liked seeing some real-type relationships and less ideal and fairy tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truth or Beard.

December 6, 2019 – Started Reading